Pre-Drywall Inspections You Can Trust
Are you building a new home in Montgomery, Frederick, Howard, or Washington counties in Maryland? To protect your big investment, it is important to have your own inspector go through the house to identify issues before the drywall is installed!
Most of a home’s systems, such as plumbing and electrical, are out of sight once the drywall goes up. By then, it’s too late to correct problems with these elements, and repairs get much more expensive. Even worse, small problems can slowly get worse without you knowing it.
What’s Included in a Pre-Drywall Inspection?
At Inspections by Bob, our pre-drywall inspections are careful examinations of your home’s framing, plumbing, electrical, and heating systems. Our inspections include:
- Checking the grading around the foundation to identify potential drainage issues or safety hazards
- Examining the foundation and framing elements for damage or improper installation.
- Checking for issues with where utility lines and meters are placed, to spot safety concerns.
- Examining the wiring and plumbing systems for poor support, bad location, and improper connections.
- Inspecting the heating and cooling ductwork for problems that can affect the performance of the equipment and the comfort of the occupants
- Making sure there is proper access to any unfinished areas such as attics to allow for future maintenance or repairs
- And more!
Shortly after your inspection is finished, you will receive a complete, detailed report of our findings that you can pass along to your builder for corrections.
How Long Will My Pre-Drywall Inspection Take?
Most pre-drywall inspections take about 45 minutes per 1,000 square feet, plus time to go over the report with you. You receive the full report within 24 hours of the end of the inspection. If your builder requires our credentials and insurance information, our Builder Information Packet provides all the necessary paperwork and can be delivered in minutes. We even have our own hard hats!
The experienced home inspectors at Inspections by Bob have performed hundreds of home inspections across Maryland. We work for you, our customers, not banks, builders, or realtors. When you hire Inspections by Bob, you can trust you will get the most thorough home inspection report around – We promise!